Shortly before 5:00 AM this morning, the Missouri Senate passed SS SCS HB 126.
Missouri Right to Life is very grateful to the Missouri House of Representatives for sending the strongest pro-life bill in Missouri history to the Senate, to Senator Koenig, Senator Onder and the senate conservative caucus and to Governor Parson for their great efforts to pass the strongest version of the bill possible.
After 18 hours of negotiation, the Senate took up and passed groundbreaking legislation that will set the standard for pro-life legislation nation wide.
This legislation will:
- ban abortion at detection of a heartbeat at 8 weeks, if overturned
- ban abortion at 14 weeks, if overturned
- ban abortion at 18 weeks
- require 2nd custodial parent notification
- require Missouri informed consent requirements for out-of-state abortion referrals
- increase required malpractice insurance to 3 million dollars
- increase to 70% of the donation, tax credits for donations to Pregnancy Resource Centers and lifts the limit on the amount of the donation
- ban abortion when Roe v. Wade is overturned
- ban abortion for race, gender and Down Syndrome diagnosis
We thank the Missouri House and Senate for their commitment this session to increase protections to unborn children and their mothers and to Governor Parson for his strong commitment to pro-life legislation.